FOR EMPLOYERS: The benefits of working with charities
Nowadays, we are seeing more and more businesses collaborate with charities. On the surface, of course, this looks like a great idea, but what are the true benefits of your business working alongside a charity?
Here are what we believe are the top 5 reasons:
1. It can boost employee morale. A 2016 study by Deloitte found that millennials who participate in workplace volunteer activities are more likely to be proud, loyal and satisfied employees. Volunteering and raising money for charity can help employees feel good about themselves as they are helping those in need.
2. It promotes positive social wellbeing. Doing something solely for the benefit of others is a great way to strengthen social connections and wellbeing.
3. It can be fun! With this, you have the opportunity to get creative. Bake sales, bungee jumps, and much more. Use the opportunity to get involved with some employee bonding while helping out a worthwhile cause.
4. It gives you the opportunity to elevate your brand. Working alongside a charity is a great way to get your business’ name out there in a positive way. It demonstrates the causes that you’d like your business to be associated with. Working with a charity enables you to show others which causes you are passionate about and what you want to help improve in the world.
5. Ultimately, it benefits an organisation that truly needs it. Charities exist because there is a cause that needs some sort of help. By getting involved with a charity, you will be taking an active role in helping their cause, which will be appreciated by those who run it.
At WorkLife by OpenMoney, we encourage all our member organisations to get involved in charity work for the above reasons, but also many more. So have a think about it. What can you do to help the world we live in?